Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Whatever

I skipped math today. Woke up at about 7:30, had breakfast and did some other things, of which included watching an old 9 minute documentary of the making of Blink 182's last album before they broke up on you tube. I don't think I've ever talked about blink on here have I? I'll have to remind myself to do that one of these days since the last album they created is one of the most inspirational cds I've ever heard. But that's for another time.

Watching the documentary made me start thinking about how much I really hate driving to classes, especially math. I'm never going to use the bloody stuff yet I have to waste 500 dollars and copious amounts of time on it so I can get into the U of C so more math teachers can be supplied with jobs. It also made me start thinking about how much I would really rather be recording music for a living. Well, of course there is no way that would pay the bills, but you know, it'd be nice to have it be a part time thing that I'd work on while I wasn't working at a grocery store or wherever. I'd certainly be a happier person. You know why? Because when doing this- classes and paying attention to everything around you- I find it just about impossible to be care free. That's why I loved Blink's last album, it had this fresh kind of uplifting sound to it that I can't explain. I'm able to put myself into this mindframe where I can't be touched and I sometimes think if I was writing music I could feel like that more often. I know I do when I give myself the time to write. With music there is nothing but what you choose to accept in there. I can't explain how blissful that type of simplicity is. With classes and issues you're working towards an end, but you're never there; with music the work is just as important as the end. The fact that you're writing, purging and creating at the same time is its own reward. There is no uncertainty and I can honestly say uncertainty is one of the most unpleasent things I would imagine human beings can live with.

Other random things:

-I want to live in what the Chinese would prefer I don't refer to as Tibet for a while. Why was it that the one religion that got it right in this godforsaken world had to be situated in marching distance of the Chinese?

-I want to build a house made out of renewable energies or have the the grid provide me energy made from renewables.

-I seem to have developed a slight obsession with Tim Hortens coffee and bagels.

-Angels and Airwaves had great potential but fell far short of it, with the exception of the first single, and Tom Delonge needs to stop pulling this Axel Rose shit with his videos.

-Speaking of olf Blink members, despite it not being very uplifting, Plus 44's new album sounds like it's going to be quite interesting.

-The Jolly Farmer, in Ponoka, is the greatest pub in Alberta (well, that I've been to anyways). Alberta pubs suck.

-I'm president of Political Science Society, despite giving a speech that would have kicked my own ass, because no one was running against me.

-We held a PC Q and A forum for some of the candidates looking to replace Klein yesterday. Of the two I had a chance to talk to after (Oberg and Doerksen) neither new anything about peak oil. Nice guys though I guess.

-Harry Potter is the greatest book series my generation will probably see for the next 50 years.

-I seem to be watching a lot of chick flicks lately.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home