Sunday, January 15, 2006

You know, if there's one thing I miss most these days, it's soccer.

I think some of the best memorys, even comparing with the childhood years, were on tournaments in other towns. I'm not sure why, but there is a simplicity in the goal of the game and the communication that occurs between players on each team.

Maybe that's why it's loved so much around the world. You have one goal and no other variables come into play. (then again I suppose all sports are like that really, but whatever...)

One memory in particular I have was in Camrose about three years ago, I believe, where we ended up playing a night game. It was my first and only one and I don't think I'll ever forget it. Playing on a lit field underneath stars is something else, alright. I don't think the team and I had ever played a more agressive and corridinated game against a more corridinated team. The lack of breath mixed with success is what makes the game worth playing. I remember running straight into this tall mother f-er, getting knocked down on my ass, sliding backwards about five feet , getting right back up and catching back up to the ball... I hardy stopped him two feet but, yeah...fun times.

I need to join another adults league.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home